Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Slight Detour

My departure to the Summerland has taken a detour, as I have been coaxed away from the foot of Rainbow Bridge by a steady diet of sumptuous foods, compassion, and antibiotics.

My humans suspected that the dreaded eardrops I was being given were making me lose my appetite, and they were partially right—the eardrops were making me very depressed, but the underlying reason my ears were bothering me was because I had a very bad kitty sinus infection. My ears were clogged so that I couldn’t hear very well, and my nose was clogged so I couldn’t smell anything.

There is nothing worse than a broken smeller!

My humans began feeding me very pungent smelling (and delicious) foodstuff like tuna and salmon, and then the British One took me to the not-quite-evil hippy vet, who prescribed some antibiotics to clear up the infection.

I can’t say I’m as good as new, because that would be a lie. But I’m as good as I was before, only a little bit lighter. Now that my appetite is back I am hopeful that my weight will increase, and with all the delicious, fattening foods I’m being served I should be back to normal in no time.

I want to thank all my kitty friends who have had me in their prayers, and who have been so kind as to email me and mention me in their diaries. It is very humbling to know so many care about my welfare.

I know I do not have a lot of time left on this side of the Bridge, but I’m hoping to stick around a little while longer.

It’s good to be back.

2 comments:

Keiser said...

Hey Nick

How wonderful that Softie or the British One have helped you to back up your Catster diary onto Blogspot.

I hope they get to put up some pictures too.

love Keiser

Nachi said...

welcome back Sir Higson Nick!!