Thursday, December 15, 2005

Human Predictability

My humans are so predictable sometimes.

I have found an easy way to get my humans attention in the mornings. All I have to do is stretch deeply whilst simultaneously giving a big hearty yawn and meow. It gets them every time! They think it is so cute, and become putty in my paws. It worked to my advantage this morning, as I hoodwinked Softie into following me down the stairs and into the kitchen.

She was planning to serve up some delicious diced chicken, but I wasn't really in the mood for delicious diced chicken this morning. Normally when I see the bag of chicken I will rub around her legs to let her know I am pleased of the selection. So this morning I ignored her when she got the bag out of the big cold foodbox. She turned to me and like the dim bulb she is, kept repeating "Chicken? You want chicken?" I stood my ground, which is to say I just sat and looked at her like I didn't understand. I wouldn't look at the chicken. She continued to repeat her chicken phrase like a broken record, so I decided to get my point across by walking over to the Magic Cupboard and staring at it.

She finally got the hint and opened it. I immediately honed in on the bottom shelf of tins, because I know they are mine. She pulled out a lovely tin of tuna and asked which I wanted. She held the bag of chicken in one hand and the tin of tuna in the other. No contest there! I was in a tuna mood, and went right over to the tin and rubbed my chin and whiskers around on it.

My plan for the rest of the day is to work on the British One. I'm thinking turkey baby food for lunch...

No comments: