Sunday, February 13, 2005

Something Smells-- And it's not my Litterbox!

The British One has been in the office for most of the day, fiddling around with his older model glowing box thingie. I think it is called a "lapbox." I tried to help him with it, but he kept getting frustrated and raising his voice, which after awhile I got tired of. I took a nice long nap on the bed.

I was awakened by a strange smell in the house and naturally my curiosity got the best of me and I went to investigate.

Softie was in the dining room with a tin of nasty smelling orange gel, painting it all over the surface of the door to the kitchen. This door slides into the wall when not in use, and when the humans want to keep me away from the kitchen they pull it out. I've never seen doors like this before. We didn't have them in my other house, but this house has several sets of them.

Anyway, I tried to help her with the smelly task but she kept shooing me away. She was dressed ridiculously too--gloves, big plastic goggles and a mask over her nose and mouth. After she had finished putting the gel on the door I followed her into the magic portal, where she rinsed the brushes and I said "hello" to the washer and dryer as I made my rounds.

Later, after a second helping of delicious diced chicken, Softie donned all the ridiculous stuff again and took a plastic scraper thingie to the door. I sat on the sofa in the lounge, watching her. As she scraped the colour fell from the door, revealing very gorgeous looking blond wood. She scraped for a long time, and I had to be shooed away from her work area at least a dozen times. I was only trying to help!

No comments: