Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Suitcase Full of Blues, part 2

I really don't like suitcases.

There are several of them in my house. They live in the closet. Every now and then, one or more of them escapes from the closet and plants itself on the bed or floor of the guest room. It is fed clothing and other assorted items, and then it somehow convinces the British One and/or Softie to take it away and not come back for a long time.

My biggest worry is when all the suitcases escape, because I know this means both the British One and Softie are leaving me. When we lived in my old house, this also meant the old lady would come to visit me several times a day to feed me and give me a good brushing. Now that we live in this new house, I wonder if the old lady will still come to visit?

Luckily for me, not all the suitcases escaped this time around. The ones that did escape managed to convince the British One to take them somewhere. After many hugs and good chin scratches, he said "goodbye" to me and left with the suitcases.

I'm keeping a watchful eye on the suitcases that did not escape. They are still in the closet, and I intend to see that they remain that way. I don't want them giving Softie any ideas.

No comments: