Thursday, April 07, 2005

Disruption in my schedule

The past few days have been very disruptive for me, and I don't like it.

First the British One and Softie left me alone all day long on Monday while they went out and played.

Then a new batch of strange men have come into my house and are making a lot of noise. They have been carrying lots of stuff into my house, and have been making it disappear into the ceiling of the second floor. The worst thing about these strange men isn't the noise--but believe me when I say it is very LOUD. No, the worst thing is that because they are working on the second floor and inside the ceiling, I have been relegated to the kitchen and dining room. The British One put me inside the kitchen and then pulled out the pocket doors, shutting me off from the lounge (and my sofa!), and the second floor (my bed!). It's very rude.

There is much talk about something called central air, and much discussion about a state-of-the-art system that is sympathetic to older homes.

We live in an old house alright. I thought with old homes came mice to catch, but so far I haven't seen any. It's quite disappointing. I used to catch mice at my other house. I'd go outside in the autumn and if I sat real still in the garden I could usually catch myself a mouse to present to Softie.

I do rather enjoy watching her scream and jump around.

No comments: